Subject: Setting the current entity color
An entity’s color determines how it is displayed and, if you are using a color printer, how it prints. Entities are created in the current color.
When you open a new drawing, entities are created in the color BYLAYER, which adopts the color of the current layer. Initially, layer 0 is both the only layer and the current layer. Its default color is white, so your entities appear as white.
There are index colors, which contain two additional color properties that are often referred to as colors, true colors, and color book colors. The two additional color properties are BYLAYER and BYBLOCK. These color properties cause an entity to adopt the color either of the layer or of the block in which it is a member.
To set the current entity color
• On the ribbon, choose Application button > Drawing Utilities; Home > Drawing Settings (in Utilities); or Tools > Drawing Settings (in Manage).
• On the menu, choose Tools > Drawing Settings.
• On the Tools toolbar, click the Drawing Settings tool.
• Type dsettings and then press Enter.
2 Click the Entity Creation tab.
3 Click Select Color.
4 In the Color dialog box, click one of the following tabs and select a color:
• True Color — Click a basic color, click a color in the color palette, enter the Hue, Saturation, and Luminance (HSL) values, or enter the Red, Green, Blue (RGB) values. There are more than 16 million true colors from which you can choose.
• Color Books — Select a color book from the list, then click a color. You can select Show Only Color Book Colors Used in Drawing to limit the selection to only those color book colors that are used in the current drawing.
5 Click OK.
6 Click OK again.
Use the status bar shortcut.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.