Subject: Creating a boundary polyline
When you create a boundary polyline, you select an existing entity or multiple entities to define the boundary.
To draw a boundary polyline
Advanced experience level
1 Do one of the following to choose Boundary ():
• On the ribbon, choose Home > Boundary (in Draw) or choose Draw > Boundary (in Draw).
• On the menu, choose Draw > Hatch > Boundary.
• On the Draw toolbar, click the Boundary tool.
• Type boundary and then press Enter.
2 Specify the entities that you want made available for the boundary polyline by doing one of the following:
• All entities Select All Visible Entities to have all entities in the drawing considered when creating the boundary polyline.
• Custom selection Define only specific areas to be considered when creating the boundary polyline, which can improve system performance if you are working with a complex drawing. Click Select Boundary Set. In the drawing, select the entities individually or by choosing a selection method from the prompt box, and then press Enter. The Current Selection Set option becomes selected automatically, which indicates that the entities you selected with the Select Boundary Set button will be considered when creating the boundary polyline.
You don’t have to select entities again using the Select Boundary Set button.
3 Choose an island-detection option.
4 Click Select Area.
5 In the drawing, click inside the area whose closed perimeter forms the boundary, not on the polyline itself. If desired, continue clicking inside additional closed perimeters.
6 To complete the selection, press Enter.
7 In the Boundary dialog box, click OK.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.