Subject: Displaying quick text
Text entities require a considerable amount of time to display and print. You can reduce the time it takes to display or print a drawing by enabling quick text. For example, if you’re doing a preliminary check print of a drawing, you may want to turn quick text on to speed up printing. When quick text is enabled, text entities are replaced by rectangular boxes that indicate the outline of the area occupied by the text. When you turn quick text on or off, you must regenerate the drawing before the change is displayed.
1 Do one of the following to choose Drawing Settings ():
• On the ribbon, choose Application button > Drawing Utilities; Home > Drawing Settings (in Utilities); or Tools > Drawing Settings (in Manage).
• On the menu, choose Tools > Drawing Settings.
• On the Tools toolbar, click the Drawing Settings tool.
• Type qtext, press Enter, and then in the prompt box, choose On or Off.
2 Click the Display tab.
3 Click the secondary Display tab.
4 Select or clear the Enable Quick Text check box.
5 Click OK.
• On the ribbon, choose View > Regen.
• On the menu, choose View > Regen.
• On the View toolbar, click the Regen tool.
• Type regen and then press Enter.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.