Subject: Changing how coordinates display
The current position of the cursor is displayed as x,y,z-coordinates in the status bar and, by default, updates dynamically as you move the cursor. There are several display modes to choose from in CADdirect:
• Absolute for points — Updates the display with absolute coordinates only when you specify a point.
• Absolute continuos — Updates the display with absolute coordinates as you move the cursor and make selections. This is the default.
• Relative continuos — The same as absolute always when moving the cursor and making selections, with the addition of displaying relative distances and angles (rather than x,y,z-coordinates) when you have previously selected a point or entity and the program displays a rubber-band line. If no command is active, absolute coordinates display.
• Geographic continuos — Updates the display with geographic coordinates as you move the cursor and make selections.
To change how coordinates display in the status bar
• On the ribbon, choose Application button > Drawing Utilities; Home > Drawing Settings (in Utilities); or Tools > Drawing Settings (in Manage).
• On the menu, choose Tools > Drawing Settings.
• On the Tools toolbar, click the Drawing Settings tool.
• Type dsettings and then press Enter.
2 Click the Display tab.
Use a shortcut.
3 Choose one of the following:
• Absolute coordinates update only when specifying points
• Absolute coordinates update continuously
• Relative polar coordinates update continuously
• Geographic coordinates update continuously
4 Click OK.
Use a shortcut.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.