Subject: Applying a layer state
To apply the settings of a layer state
• On the ribbon, choose Home > Layer States Manager (in Layers).
• On the menu, choose Format > Layer State Manager or choose
• On the Format toolbar, click the Layer States Manager tool.
• Type layerstate and then press Enter.
2 Select the layer state to apply.
3 Layer states by design don’t always contain all layers of a drawing. Make selections for the following:
• Layers not found in state are turned off — After the layer state is applied, the only layers that will be turned on are those that are included in the layer state. If unmarked, the on/off status of unmatched layers is not changed.
• Layers not found in state are frozen in current viewport — After the layer state is applied, the only layers that will be thawed in the current viewport are those that are included in the layer state. If unmarked, the freeze/thaw statuses of unmatched layers are not changed.
4 To apply layer properties as overrides in the current viewport, mark Apply Properties as Viewport Overrides.
5 In Restore Layer State To, select whether to restore the layer state to the current viewport, all viewports, all layouts and viewports, or the Model tab. If the Model tab is active, you can only restore the layer state to the current viewport.
6 In Layer Properties to Restore, mark which properties of all layers included in the layer state to apply. If a property is not marked, that property will not be applied for matching layers.
7 Click Restore.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.