Subject: Searching layers by name
To search for layers by name
1 Do one of the following to choose Explore Layers ():
• On the ribbon, choose Home > Explore Layers (in Layers) or choose Tools > Layers (in Explorer).
• On the menu, choose Format > Explore Layers or choose Tools > Explorer > Explore Layers.
• On the Explorer toolbar, click the Explore Layers tool.
• Type explayers and then press Enter.
2 In the Explorer toolbar, type the search name, including the following wildcards:
• * Matches any character or series of characters.
• ? Matches a single character.
• # Matches any numerical character.
• @ Matches any alphabetic character.
• . Matches any character that is not alphabetic or numeric.
• [ ] Matches any of the characters inside the brackets.
• ~ Matches any characters except for those after the tilde.
• [~] Matches any of the characters except for those inside the brackets.
• [-] Matches a range of characters inside the brackets.
• ’ Matches the exact characters located after the quote mark. This is most often used when searching for layer names that include wildcards, for example, @Floor or Field#.
3 To view all layers again in the list, delete the search term.
4 Click OK.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.