Subject: Changing multiple properties to ByLayer
The Set to ByLayer command sets properties of selected entities to ByLayer. Properties that can be changed using the Set to ByLayer command include: color, linetype, lineweight, material, print style, and transparency.
1 Do one of the following to choose Set to ByLayer ():
• On the ribbon, choose Home > Set to ByLayer (in Layers).
• On the Layer Tools toolbar, click the Set to ByLayer tool.
• Type setbylayer and then press Enter.
2 Press Enter.
3 In the SetByLayer Settings dialog box, make your selections for the properties you want to change:
• Color — Resulting entities will have a Color property set to ByLayer.
• Linetype — Resulting entities will have a Linetype property set to ByLayer.
• Lineweight — Resulting entities will have a Lineweight property set to ByLayer.
• Material — Resulting entities will have a Material property set to ByLayer.
• Print Style — Resulting entities will have a Print Style property set to ByLayer.
• Transparency — Resulting entities will have a Transparency property set to ByLayer.
4 Click OK.
5 At the prompt, select the desired entities.
6 Choose Yes to change any found ByBlock properties to ByLayer. Otherwise, choose No.
7 Choose Yes to change the properties of blocks that are selected. Blocks must be on unlocked layers. Otherwise, choose No.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.