Subject: Selecting entities by property
CADdirect makes it easy to select entities according to their common properties, allowing you to modify large sets of entities quickly and efficiently. When selecting entities, simply use a filter to add or remove entities according to these common properties: color, layer, linetype scale, linetype, lineweight, thickness, and width.
Use the List command to get more information for filtering.
To select entities by property using a properties filter
2 Choose Filter.
3 Choose a filter option:
• Color — Enter the color of entities you want to select.
• Layer — Enter the layer name of entities you want to select.
• LinetypeScale — Enter the linetype scale of entities you want to select.
• Linetype — Enter the linetype of entities you want to select.
• Lineweight — Enter the lineweight of entities you want to select.
• Thickness — Enter the thickness of entities you want to select. Note that some entities have thickness, however, lines, circles, arcs, and polylines all have thickness.
• Width — Enter the width of entities you want to select. Note that only polylines have width.
Names of properties are case sensitive.
4 If desired, add or remove more entities using a filter:
• Choose any other filter option to add more entities to the selection set.
• Choose Remove to remove entities from the selection set according to the filter you choose next.
A prompt displays the total number of entities in the selection set.
5 To complete the selection, press Enter.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.