Subject: Creating layout viewports
The first time you switch to a Layout tab, your model displays in a default layout viewport. You can create other layout viewports anywhere inside the drawing area. You can control the number of viewports created and the arrangement of the viewports.
To create layout viewports
1 Do one of the following to choose Layout Viewports ():
• On the ribbon, choose View > Layout Viewports (in Layouts).
• On the menu, choose View > Viewports > Layout Viewports.
• On the Viewports toolbar, click the Layout Viewports tool.
• Type mview and then press Enter.
2 Specify two opposing corners to create a custom rectangular viewport, or in the prompt box, choose one of the following:
• Fit To View — Creates a layout viewport that fills the screen.
• Entity — Converts a closed entity to a layout viewport. You can convert a circle, ellipse, closed polyline, spline, or region.
• Polygonal — Creates a non-rectangular layout viewport.
• Create 2 Viewports, Create 3 Viewports, Create 4 Viewports — Creates two, three, or four layout viewports using an orientation that you specify. You can select whether to arrange the viewports to fill the current graphic area or a rectangular area that you specify.
The border of a new layout viewport is created on the current layer.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.