Subject: Modifying print style tables
• Color-dependent print style tables (.ctb files) — You can modify individual print styles within the table, but you cannot add, rename, or delete print styles. Color-dependent print style tables always have 255 print styles, each named for a specific color. Your changes affect all entities and layers assigned that color.
• Named print style tables (.stb files) — You can add, modify, rename, and delete individual print styles within the table. However, you cannot modify, rename, or delete the Normal print style. Your changes affect all entities and layers that are assigned that print style name.
Use a system variable to determine the type of print style table your drawing uses.
Each print style within a print style table specifies a color, pen numbers, linetype, and lineweight. CADdirect recognizes additional characteristics for compatibility with AutoCAD only, including: dither, grayscale, screening, adaptive, line end style, line join style, and fill style.
When specifying print style characteristics, be sure to consider the limitations of your output device.
It is recommended that you only modify print style tables that you have created.
1 Do one of the following to choose Print Styles Manager ():
• On the ribbon, choose the Application button then choose Print > Print Styles Manager, or choose Output > Print Styles Manager (in Print).
• On the menu, choose File > Print Styles Manager or choose Format > Print Styles Manager.
• On the Format toolbar, click the Print Styles Manager tool.
• Type stylesmanager and then press Enter.
2 Select the print style table you want to modify.
3 Click Modify.
4 Click the General tab, and then do any of the following:
• Enter a new table description.
• Select Apply Global Scale Factor to Non-ISO Linetypes to apply the scale factor to non-ISO linetypes used for any print style in the current print style table. This also applies to fill patterns, which are not used in CADdirect, but are recognized for compatibility with AutoCAD.
• Enter a scale factor to apply to non-ISO linetypes used for any print style in the current print style table.
5 Click the Form View tab, and then do any of the following:
• Make format changes to a print style by selecting it in the Print Styles list, then make color, pen map, linetype, or lineweight changes for the print style. Your changes are saved automatically for the selected print style.
• Add a new print style by clicking Add Style. Enter a new name, and then click OK. Select the options for the print style. (Available for named print styles only.)
• Rename a print style by selecting it in the Print Styles list. Single-click the print style again, and then enter a new name. (Available for named print styles only.)
• Delete a print style by selecting it in the Print Styles list. Click Delete Style. (Available for named print styles only.)
6 Click OK.
© Copyright 2023. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.