Subject: Printing a drawing
The Print dialog box has print settings described in the previous sections for page setups.
You cannot print a rendered image directly to a printer.
1 If necessary, click the desired Layout tab or the Model tab.
2 Do one of the following to choose Print ():
• On the ribbon, choose the Application button then choose Print, or choose Output > Print (in Print).
• On the menu, choose File > Print.
• On the Standard toolbar, click the Print tool.
• Type print and then press Enter.
3 In Page Setup Name, select the page setup to apply for printing. The print options in the Print dialog box change to reflect the settings of the selected page setup.
4 Make any necessary adjustments, including for the following options that are available only at print time (not when setting up a page setup):
• Print to file — Select to print to a file instead of a printer.
• Number of copies — Enter the number of copies to print.
• Print transparency — Select to print entities with their assigned transparency. Note that turning on this option can slow printing. Also note that the PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE system variable can override transparency print settings for all layout viewports at once.
• Print in background — Print in the background of other tasks being performed by the computer.
• Print stamp on — Select to print with a header and footer. When enabled, you can click [...] to modify the text of the print stamp.
• Save changes to layout — Select to save the print settings for the model or layout.
5 Click Print.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.