Subject: Exporting to a DWF format file
DWF format files allow you to publish your drawings so they can be viewed on the Internet using a Web browser. CADdirect exports your drawing to a Design Web Format (.dwf) file, which can be viewed in a Web browser if Autodesk Design Review is also installed on the computer. Design Review is a free tool from Autodesk.
You can export your drawing to a 2D .dwf file or a 3D .dwf file. 2D .dwf files have smaller file sizes, but cannot be viewed in three dimensions. 3D .dwf files can be viewed in three dimensions using the Autodesk® Design Review, but have larger file sizes.
1 Do one of the following to choose DWF Out ():
• On the ribbon, choose the Application button then choose Export > DWF Out, or choose Output > DWF Out (in Export).
• On the menu, choose File > Export > DWF Out.
• Type dwfout and then press Enter.
2 In Save As Type, choose Design Web Format (dwf).
3 Specify the name of the file you want to create.
4 Click Save.
5 Choose the entity-selection method, and then create a selection set that contains the entities you want to export.
6 Choose how you want to export:
• DWF File Version — Choose the file version you want. Version 4.2 can export entities on the Model tab only (no layouts). Version 5.5 can export the current layout only. Version 6.0 can export the current layout or all layouts.
• DWF File Format — Choose the desired file format. Compressed binary files have a smaller file size than uncompressed binary files (both are 2D .dwf files). ASCII files have the largest file size for 2D .dwf files, but 3D .dwf files have larger file sized and can be viewed in three dimensions.
• Layout to Export — Choose whether to export the current layout only, or all layouts in the drawing.
7 Click OK.
8 When you have finished selecting entities, press Enter.
© Copyright 2023. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.