Subject: Validating a digital signature
If you’re working with a drawing that has a digital signature from someone else, you can validate the signature.
To validate an open drawing’s digital signature
1 Do one of the following to choose Validate Digital Signatures ():
• On the ribbon, choose the Application button then Drawing Utilities > Validate Digital Signatures.
• On the menu, choose File > Validate Digital Signatures.
• Type digvalidate and then press Enter.
2 Check the status of the digital signature:
• Valid — The digital signature is verified by the certificate authority and no changes have been made to the drawing since it was digitally signed.
• Invalid — The current drawing has been modified since it was digitally signed, the certificate has been revoked by the certificate authority, or the drawing has become corrupted.
• Not found — A digital signature is not attached to the current drawing.
3 Click View Base Signature to view detailed information about the digital signature attached to the drawing. (Unavailable if there is no digital signature attached.)
4 If the drawing has external references attached, do any of the following:
• Mark View Xref Drawings to display the list of all external references attached to the current drawing.
• Select an external reference and click View Xref Signature to view detailed information about its digital signature. (Unavailable if there is no digital signature attached to the selected external reference.)
5 Click OK.
© Copyright 2023. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.