Subject: Creating and customizing keyboard shortcuts
• A single command, such as QSAVE.
• A command with options, such as ARC;\A;\\.
• More than one command, such as ^C^C^CZOOM;E;QSAVE;QPRINT.
Keyboard shortcuts are more powerful than aliases. An alias lets you abbreviate a single command name; a keyboard shortcut contains one or more macros. To activate a macro, you press the shortcut key; you do not need to press Enter as you do with an alias. A shortcut consists of the following keys:
• The function and the cursor control keys, as well as alphanumeric keys pressed in combination with the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys. The Shift key must be used in conjunction with the Ctrl, Alt, and/or function keys.
• Alphanumeric keys are those labeled A through Z and 1 though 0.
• The cursor keys are the up, down, left, and right arrows and the Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, Insert, and Delete keys.
• The function keys are those labeled F1 through F12.
1 Do one of the following to choose Customize UI ():
• On the ribbon, choose Tools > Customize UI (in Manage).
• On the menu, choose Tools > Customize UI.
• Type cui and then press Enter.
2 Click the Customize tab.
3 In the Current Customization area, select either a workspace or a customization file (for example, ICAD), then expand Keyboard Shortcuts in the list.
4 Right-click a shortcut name located above where you want to add the new keyboard shortcut in the list.
5 Choose Insert Accelerator.
6 In the Keyboard Shortcut Keys dialog box, press the keyboard combination you want to add, for example, press Alt+A.
7 Click OK.
8 In Command Name, enter the name of the command to carry out when the keyboard combination is pressed in the user interface.
Command Name may contain a macro (one or more commands and their options), such as:
For details about special characters used in macros, see Using macros in .cui files.
9 In Description, type a one-sentence description of the item.
10 To save your changes and close the dialog box, click OK.
You can reset the user interface to be the same as when the program was first installed.
© Copyright 2023. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.