Subject: Customizing graphics device options for display performance
Depending on your computer and its available graphics devices, CADdirect automatically determines the best settings for displaying and rendering drawings. In some cases however, users may want to customize certain settings themselves. For example, switching between graphics devices can sometimes resolve performance issues when using specific graphics cards.
To set graphics device options
• On the ribbon, choose the Application button then choose Options, or choose Tools > Options (in Manage).
• On the menu, choose Tools > Options.
• Type options and then press Enter.
2 Click the Display tab.
3 Click Graphics Performance.
Use a shortcut.
4 In Graphics Device, choose which graphics device to use:
• Advanced (OpenGL ES) Select for high-end graphics cards. This graphics device is recommended for best 3D rendering quality as it supports advanced visual styles and high quality transparency. Note that it can decrease performance.
• Intermediate (OpenGL) Select for mid-level graphics cards. This graphics device is recommended for best performance when working with 2D and 3D wireframe visual styles.
• Basic (Software) Select for entry-level graphics cards that do not support OpenGL.
Use a shortcut.
5 To turn on line smoothing (anti-aliasing) for entities displayed with two-dimensional visual styles, mark Line Smoothing for 2D Visual Styles. Turning on this option improves display quality but can decrease performance. This option is available only for an advanced or intermediate graphics device.
6 To turn on line smoothing (multi-sampling anti-aliasing) for entities displayed using three-dimensional visual styles, mark Line Smoothing for 3D Visual Styles. Turning on this option improves display quality but can decrease performance. This option is available only for an advanced graphics device.
7 Click OK.
© Copyright 2023. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.