Subject: Understanding versioning of a .cui file
Each .cui file has a node that controls versioning:
<FileVersion MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="2" UserVersion="0" IncrementalVersion="91"/>
• IncrementalVersion Must be incremented with any change in the Icad.cui file.
• UserVersion Incremented automatically when a user customizes CADdirect. In the default Icad.cui file, this must be always equal to 0 and never edited manually.
• MinorVersion Must be incremented with a change or creation of a versioned entity (PopMenu, Toolbar, MenuMacro->Macro, ...).
• MajorVersion Must be incremented with the following:
• Change of Icad.cui file schema (for example, added/deleted sections or added new type of entities).
• Deletion of a versioned entity.
• Change of UID attribute of an existing versioned entity or change of Name attribute in case of a Workspace entity.
If MajorVersion is incremented, the user's .cui file will be replaced with an updated .cui file.
The .cui file also contains versioned entities: Workspace, MenuMacro->Macro, PopMenu, Toolbar, AppButton, QuickAccessToolbar, RibbonPanelSource, and
After a versioned entity is modified or created, FileVersion->MinorVersion must be incremented, and then the result must be assigned to ModifiedRev->MinorVersion of the modified entity.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.