BackToCAD Technologies LLC | Artificial Intelligence and Software Developing | Clearwater, USA; Stuttgart, Germany | Kazmierczak® Company
A ray is a line in three-dimensional space that starts at a point and extends to infinity.
Because rays extend to infinity, they are not calculated as part of the drawing extents.
The default method for drawing a ray is to select the start point of the ray and then
specify its direction. You can draw a ray in any of the following ways:
• Horizontal draws the ray parallel to the x-axis of the current user coordinate system
• Vertical draws the ray parallel to the y-axis of the current UCS.
• Angle draws the ray parallel to a specified angle.
• Bisect draws the ray perpendicular to an existing entity.
• Parallel draws the ray parallel to an existing entity.
To draw a ray
1 Do one of the following to choose Ray:
• On the ribbon, choose Home > Ray or choose Draw > Ray.
• On the menu, choose Draw > Ray.
• On the Draw toolbar, click the Ray tool.
• Type ray and then press Enter.
2 Specify the start point.
3 Specify the direction.
4 To complete the command, press Enter.
© Copyright 2020 BackToCAD Technolgies LLC . All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. CADdirect 2022 is a trademark of Expert Robotics Inc. Print2CAD and CAD2Print are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press, or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.