Subject: Publishing a sheet list to PDF
Publishing a sheet list to PDF prints all referenced sheets at the same time to a .pdf file. PDF files allow you to distribute your drawing to others for viewing in Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®, which is free software that users can download. PDF files can also be viewed, reviewed, and edited in Adobe Acrobat.
If the Page Setup column indicates None for a sheet, the sheet is published using the print options specified for the layout.
1 Do one of the following to choose Publish ():
• On the ribbon, choose the Application button, then choose Publish > Publish, or choose Output > Publish.
• On the menu, choose File > Publish.
• On the Standard toolbar, click the Publish tool.
• Type publish and then press Enter.
2 Open the desired sheet list:
• Click Load.
• Locate and select the .dsd file to publish.
• Click Open.
For details about creating a sheet list, see Publishing sheet lists.
3 In Publish To, select PDF.
4 If you regularly publish to PDF instead of other formats, optionally click Set as Default.
5 Click Publish Options and do any of the following:
• Select options for the published .pdf file.
• Click Custom Properties to select additional options, then click OK when done.
• Click [?] to see details about each option.
6 Click OK when done setting PDF options.
7 To assign a different page setup to a sheet, select a page setup from the list for the sheet. To change the page setup, do the following:
• Select the sheet and click Edit. You can also double-click the sheet.
• Select the page setup to change, then click Modify.
• Make your selections, then click OK.
• Click Close.
8 Verify the status of each sheet in the list:
• No Errors — The sheet is ready for publishing.
• Layout Not Initialized — The sheet’s layout is not assigned a valid printer. If the sheet is assigned a page setup, choose File > Page Setup and specify a valid printer for the page setup. If no page setup is assigned, open the source drawing file, click the referenced Model or Layout tab, choose File > Print, specify a printer, then click Apply to Layout.
9 To publish a sheet using a specific layer state, select the layer state for the sheet in its Layer State column. The list displays all layer states created for a drawing.
10 Click Publish.
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.