Subject: Importing files created in other formats
You can import files that have the following formats:
• Autodesk DWFä format — Autodesk Design Web Formatä (used with .dwf files) is used to distribute a drawing for others to view in a Web browser, review, and edit. The DWF format uses the .dwf file extension.
• DGN format — Drawing files used with Bentleyâ Microstationâ. The DGN format uses the .dgn file extension.
• PDF format — Model data used with Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® and Adobe® Acrobat.
• DAE format — Collada files are an interactive three-dimensional graphics file format used by 3D graphics applications (three-dimensional entities are exported, including ACIS entities). Collada files use the .dae file extension.
• IGES format — Model data in the IGES (Initial Graphics Exchange Specification) format as an .iges or .igs file.
• STEP format — Model data in the STEP (Standard for the Exchange of Product) format as an .step, .ste or .stp file.
• OBJ format — Model data in OBJ (Wavefront Technologies object) format as an .obj file.
• STL format — Model data in an STL (Stereolithography) format as an .stl file, which is common when working with 3D printers.
• TXT or CSV format — Point data located in a text or comma-separated value format file can be imported as point entities, vertices of a polyline, or vertices of a spline.
• Map files — Map files are .shp, .sdf and .sqlite shapefiles that store geometric location and attribute information of geographic features.
• IFC format — Drawing files in the IFC (Industry Foundation Classes) format used for building and construction data.
Tell me about...
© Copyright 2022. BackToCAD Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Kazmierczak® is a registered trademark of Kazmierczak Software GmbH. Print2CAD, CADdirect, CAD.direct, CAD Direct, CAD.bot, CAD Bot, are Trademarks of BackToCAD Technologies LLC. DWG is the name of Autodesk’s proprietary file format and technology used in AutoCAD® software and related products. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, DWG are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. This website is independent of Autodesk, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk, Inc. The material and software have been placed on this Internet site under the authority of the copyright owner for the sole purpose of viewing of the materials by users of this site. Users, press or journalists are not authorized to reproduce any of the materials in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including data storage and retrieval systems, recording, printing or photocopying.